Double El OneSixty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starry November Night

+2
Flint Hollars
Ben King
6 posters

Go down

Starry November Night Empty Starry November Night

Post  Ben King Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 8:44

Ok here is the official thread and information.

First, we have our 1/4 page add in the brochure. In addition to that there is a small merchant/shops area that will have a paragraph explaining 'who we are and what we do'.

Secondly, the location is still uncertain for in front of the Lodge. The tentative location for now will be over by the DDD like we were for Hot August. If, however, they can get the Thomas direction of Hwy 190 shut down for the evening [dispensation from the State police] we will be in front of the Lodge. That is what the planning commitee want so that the band will be in our block. High traffic for us if that happens.

Also, if we stay by the DDD we will take the Street side instead of the Rail side like we did for HAN. I think traffic was better on that side, so we can adjust.

Also, I would like to see about getting the long sleeve tshirts ordered before then. We can get them with front and back S&C with "lodge160.com" on the sleeve for $9 each if we order 48 shirts. There is a $75 setup fee which would cover any future work as well. The reason for the number of shirts is that they come in boxes of 1 dozen. So we could get 2 cases of large[24], 1 medium[12] and one XXL[12].
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Starry November Night Empty T-Shirts

Post  Flint Hollars Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 16:42

I personally think that the shirts are a good idea especially if we will get "everyday" use out of them. If we wear them out and about then others can identify us as masons and hopefully stop us and inquire about who we are and what we do.

As far as the polo shirts go I have not herd back from John yet to see on their ETA, I did email him over a week ago and no response, I will try and call him in the next couple of days.
Flint Hollars
Flint Hollars
Officer

Back to top Go down

Starry November Night Empty Re: Starry November Night

Post  Ben King Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 9:29

We need to decide if we want to go ahead and 'Invest' money in the shirts. I think we could them on hand at events and eventually everyone who participates in our events would have them.

Maybe we could round off to $10 perhaps and as we buy and wear them we would recoup some cost. Or maybe we just hand them out to people who participate at our events?

What are your thoughts on this?
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flint Hollars Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 11:07

I think that we could hand them out (to those who show up at events) and if they want to pay for them then let them (@ $10) and anyone else who wants them they are $12 I know it may not be practical but it seems fair, to me anyways.
Flint Hollars
Flint Hollars
Officer

Back to top Go down

Starry November Night Empty Shirts

Post  Jewell Miller Jr. Thu 1 Oct 2009 - 16:57

I like the idea of long sleeve shirts it will more than likely be cool by that point.

Jewell Miller Jr.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Fri 2 Oct 2009 - 10:46

I like that idea Flint. It lets the donation be open for participants and gives everyone the option of getting one if they want it.

I know it only gets cold a few days of the year around here, so the long sleeves may not seem so practical at first. But it gives real estate for the Lodge URL on the sleeves. If you consider that the military and welders always wear coats and/or long sleeves, it really isn't such a terrible idea. As long as the material is a light color and not flannel, it should be useable year round.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flint Hollars Fri 2 Oct 2009 - 18:55

Worshipful,

If yall will discuss it next week at the meeting ( I will be out of town ) and let me know when I get back I will get in contact with Glen and get them ordered one thing to think about and probably not cost any more if we put Livingston Lodge in rockers over the S&C on the front and back.
Flint Hollars
Flint Hollars
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Sat 3 Oct 2009 - 20:17

Yes I like the idea or the S&C being surrounded by LL160, Ham LA. If that is the same cost they lets go for it. Then the lodge160.com down the arm will make more sense.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  fborstel Mon 5 Oct 2009 - 23:18

Looking forward to the shirts. It should help start conversations with non-members who may have an interest in Masonry.
fborstel
fborstel

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Bennett Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 15:04

I think it would also be a good idea to get the website put on these shirts somewhere, maybe down the sleeve? Your thoughts?
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Bennett Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 15:19

NM, I actually read all the posts in this thread and see that the sleeve idea has already been thrown out there. I thought I was on to something, thanks alot Ben. lol!
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Lange Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 18:59

At 10 bucks a pop. Ill take 4 or 5 just to wear around everyday. As long as we get some for "fat" people. Dont want to be walking around looking like a sasuage.
Rodney Lange
Rodney Lange
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Sat 10 Oct 2009 - 21:23

OK the shirts being a go, I think 3 dozen large in 3 color schemes and a dozen 'big boy' size in one of those themes.

I think tan with black lettering would be nice as one scheme.
Perhaps a white and blue or even a yellow and purple theme.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Sat 10 Oct 2009 - 21:25

OK the shirts being a go, I think 3 dozen large in 3 color schemes and a dozen 'big boy' size in one of those themes.

I think tan with black lettering would be nice as one scheme.
Perhaps a white and blue or even a yellow and purple theme.

I'll build a poll.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Starry November Night Empty Starry Nigt Feedback

Post  Rodney Lange Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 1:14

Well???? I was not in country to take part in the Starry Nights event. So was just wondering how things went. Did we have a good turnout? Any prospects? How did the shirts look? Did the public show up, like they did for the Hot August Nights event? Was the Soup well received? Any feedback would be appreciated. Wink
Rodney Lange
Rodney Lange
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Tue 24 Nov 2009 - 13:55

We had a good turnout for the event. The shirts are awesome.

The newspaper interviewed us about the event. I will check with Chuck to see if that was in Sundays paper.

We did red beans instead of soup though. Wayne thought that would be easier to transport and he was right.

I don't think we had much in the way of any new prospective but, I feel these events are more advertisement and involvement than recruitment anyway. In the end it will accomplish the same regardless.

I think all in all it went well and I know the DDD and city really are excited to have us there.

One of the older members was saying during the 25-50 year night a few months back, Livingston Lodge ran Hammond. I think it is important for us to be involved in our community and many members showed up to support us in that endeavor.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down