Double El OneSixty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread)

3 posters

Go down

Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread) Empty Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread)

Post  Ben Bennett Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 16:01

I have a case of OrangePowerade and a case of LemonPowerade to hand out at Hot August Nights.. Each case has 16 bags in it that makes 2.5gal. each, I think that will be plenty.. Anyone else have anything? ie... cups, coolers, etc...

Also, I know there is no need for it at this time with the lack of traffic really but I would like to be the first to get a thread stickied on the new board... BEN K.... make it happen Wink
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread) Empty Re: Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread)

Post  Ben King Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 18:36

We will have a 10 x 10 tent, I think that is the size of mine, behind the DDD building right before La Carreta. Main Street Dance will be next to us, so that should work out good since they occupy downstairs at the Lodge.

I also have our S&C flags to fly. Herman Keller called me to let me know Ideal had some pamphlets purchased to hand out. I propose we print our own and will work on something for Bro Bennett to produce on 'his' color copier.

We will need also some camper/awning type lights to keep us lit up after dark [ lessons learned from Swamp Pop outing ] probably get something at Camping World or any reputable camping supply store.

Also a 5 gallon drinking jug [ Igloo type ] will be needed. As well as a table and 4 to 6 chairs.

I priced a 'quality' sign/banner from this place on Morrison and it would cost approx $160 for a 4x8 sized banner. We can put as much art and color as we want at no extra charge. I will also work up a proposal for that banner.

Lastly, since this will be a joint venture with Ideal and also we may have future events and may include anyone else and not alway be 'Livingston Lodge' at outings. We need to come up with a good name like 'Hammond Masonic Brotherhood' ; 'Livingston Temple' ; 'South Tangi Masonic Order' or simply 'The Masons'.

Let me know what you think.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread) Empty Re: Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread)

Post  Ben King Tue 4 Aug 2009 - 18:44

Oh and Stickied lol!
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Lange Wed 5 Aug 2009 - 12:38

What do we still need. I would like to do my part. Just let me know, I dont want to get something if it has already been covered. I do have some plastic folding tables if they are needed and some "walmart" green plastic lawn chairs. But will be happy to pick up what ever else we are short on. Just give me a call or email. Rodney Lange Very Happy

Also have a few 120 quart ice chests if needed.

Last edited by Brother Rodney on Wed 5 Aug 2009 - 12:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought about the ice chests. figured we may need them.)
Rodney Lange
Rodney Lange
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Wed 5 Aug 2009 - 16:45

How big are your folding tables? I hate to use the wooden ones from the Lodge and have rain make them any worse than age has already.

I think as far as chairs go maybe bring a couple with you there. I have fold up chairs and I think Ben B does too. As long as you make sure you have a place for your behind while you are there, that is the main thing. If push comes to shove, perhaps someone shows up and doesn't have a chair but desperately needs one, we could always pick up a folder from the Lodge to accomidate them.

I am working on the Banner still and have descided that 'THE MASONS' makes the most logical sense. I think everyone has heard of us referred to that way. Plus the Livingston in our name may confuse anyone not familiar with the history of this area and I hate to sound like some made up club.

It also doesn't make us geographic like the other tags would. Just in case we descide to work an event in Washington Parish for instance.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Rodney Lange Wed 5 Aug 2009 - 18:07

The tables are about 8 foot long. I bought them from Lowes to use for crawfish boils. We use them then hose them off. I have 3 or 4, so let me know how many if you want to use them.
Rodney Lange
Rodney Lange
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Thu 6 Aug 2009 - 8:08

Yes, those tables are perfect for this. We will only need one since it is 8 foot. The tent area we are getting is 10 foot by 10 foot.

The lights are on sale at Camping World so I will try to get by there today or tommorrow before the sale is over.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 11:10

I have some rope lights now for us to use in our tent. I do not know how good they are for reading by, but they are lights.

Also, I have asked Herman if they can come up with a couple small fans for us to have some air moving. It is called "HOT" August Night and I would like us to be comfortable if possible. I have 2 huge 'shop fans' but they are TOO noisey for this application.

sunny It also turns out that I will be able to attend this event as my previously mentioned work obligation has been cancelled.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 8:12

Ok, here is where we are with H A N preps.

We have the tent, lights, fans, table, ice, banner and 5 gal jugs. I also understand the powerade is on its way to the lodge soon.

The problem we will have is water isn't availible on site. So we will need a few gallons of water. To take care of that Herman has a 5 gal container and I think Skip siad he had one also. I have one as well. Perhaps if we had the 3 jugs full plus the extra 3 containers, that is 30 gallons of powerade.

I assume that will be plenty, but this is our first run at this so I guess if we had to get water fast, we could go refill the 3 containers at the lodge or over at Terry Coopers house.

I have to pull some maintenance on my tent this week. One of the little arms got broken at the Swamp Pop outing, but I found a replacement. I will get that taken care of and we should be good to go.

The literature I will try and get printed this week also. Herman said their Grand Lodge literature is on back order. Another reason I'm glad we handle most of the paper on our own.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Bennett Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 8:00

Worshipful,

How did the H.A.N outing go. Do we view it as a success? Could you post a follow up to inform the brethren of some of the details. Thanks in advance.
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Bennett Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 8:12

And OH BY THE WAY------- Bro. Rodney,, That is the best avatar that I have ever seen. Good call. cheers
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 8:21

I have pictures and we will need a flikr or photobucket account soon for us all to keep pictures in.

It was a success indeed. I think we had a great 'team building' event and it got us out into the community again. We are now a member of the Downtown Development District. And we have these nifty new banners for all of our events now.

I don't think we did a great job at distribution of powerade. But I'm thinking maybe something different next time. We will discuss that later.

I do want us to get some Business cards though. I think that is more useful than the flyers. Also, setup a special eMail or pick an eMail you do have for your business card. Although, I haven't had any eMail hits yet, I do expect something to come in.

I personally talked with some of our members 'friends' and let them know if they had interest in Masonry, the member friend would love to hear that from them.

Just so everyone knows we , the DDD, will have a similar event in November. This I believe will actually have us at the Lodge building though.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread) Empty livingstonlodge160@gmail.com

Post  Rodney Lange Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 14:04

Just created a email account with gmail. livingstonlodge160@gmail.com was open, go figure lol. Email me for the password, we can use this for photobucket, flicker, facebook. etc..... if i overstepped my bounds let me know and i will delete it.
Rodney Lange
Rodney Lange
Officer

Back to top Go down

Hot August Nights (Official discussion thread) Empty livingstonlodge160@yahoo.com

Post  Rodney Lange Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 14:14

Opps. made a new post instead of sticking with this one. Anyway same deal, just with yahoo this time.

livingstonlodge160@yahoo.com
Rodney Lange
Rodney Lange
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Wed 26 Aug 2009 - 16:14

Yeah thats cool Rodney.

Use one for your business card contact. The other maybe someone else will need. I have one I use as my contact to give out for anyone who wants Masonic Info.

It is lodge160@go-tigers.com. This matches our URL of www.lodge160.com.

I think if you want to use that one in the same way that is good. I guess it is really your choice how you want to do this. I will work on the business card templates.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down