Double El OneSixty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday nights workshop..

3 posters

Go down

Friday nights workshop.. Empty Friday nights workshop..

Post  Ben Bennett Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 18:00

I think its a great idea. I would also like to see us do more things like this for the benefit of further educating ourselves on topics concerning our fraternity. The worshipful master and I have discussed this on numerous occasions and I think we both agree that it would be worth trying. Does anyone have any thoughts or input on things they would like to see us do? Let us know, your opinions are needed.

Thanks In Advance
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Friday nights workshop.. Empty Re: Friday nights workshop..

Post  Flint Hollars Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 23:48

Ben, An idea I once had was tog get an old minuet book from the safe and read minuets from a meeting say "100 yeas ago this week" it may not be considered a workshop but it will give us an insight on what used to go on in our lodge! Just one of my ideas!

Flint
Flint Hollars
Flint Hollars
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Bennett Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 3:32

I actually like that idea, as much as I hate minutes, I would like to see that happen. And I dont think that the purpose of each session will have to be deemed a workshop, but rather a chance for the brethren to congregate and further educate ourselves about masonry. I think seeing how our brethren used to do things in the old days will be one way to do that... Very good point, keep them coming.
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Friday nights workshop.. Empty Work Shops

Post  Jewell M Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 16:16

I agree with you also Flint I like that idea. I'm thinking like brother Bennett that looking back at how the brethren done things in the past would help educate all on masonry. This should be done on a regular basis even if it is one or two items a meeting as time permits. It will serve as a good learning tool for all Brothers young and elder.

Jewell M

Back to top Go down

Post  Flint Hollars Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 17:58

I would also like to see us take a few minuets on some meeting nights to go over certain parts of degrees that we don't usually practice ( stewards part in the degree ) amongst other things. If we can improve on these things it will improve the quality of our degrees.
Flint Hollars
Flint Hollars
Officer

Back to top Go down

Friday nights workshop.. Empty Degree Work

Post  Ben King Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 18:20

What we need are degree teams and assignments. Each would have a primary and alternate duty.

The problem is getting people to learn the work and be there to perform it.

I think perhaps a quick instruction to everyone on those smaller yet very essential parts or other things like that during a regular meeting could provide everyone with the knowledge to get the job done if they needed to.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flint Hollars Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 21:17

That is what I was getting at Ben, when we practice for degrees we don't practice those essential parts, usually when we have a degree we give a 30 second instruction for those parts where if we "practice" it during a few meetings it will be more of a brush up 30 seconds than instruction.
Flint Hollars
Flint Hollars
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Bennett Mon 14 Sep 2009 - 8:09

I like the degree team idea. I also like the idea about teaching some of the smaller roles on regular meeting nights. I believe that if people know the work more and they think that they are more apt to have a part in the degree, then they will be more apt to show up to a degree.
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Mon 14 Sep 2009 - 8:41

I also think it is important that the Stewards know their jobs when at refreshment.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Bennett Tue 15 Sep 2009 - 9:56

There is definitely no shortage of material that we need to brush up on. There are a few things that I would like to learn.
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down