Double El OneSixty
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This message board......

4 posters

Go down

This message board...... Empty This message board......

Post  Ben Bennett Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 4:51

...is an awesome tool to help our brethren communicate with one another. I am a little disappointed that after being up and running for a couple of months now, we only have 8 registered users and only 2 of which that have double digit post counts. We are not utilizing this enough. If you know a computer savvy brother, please feel free to inform them about the message board. The more traffic we can get into this forum, the more informed people will be about the happenings of the lodge thus creating more interest in whats going on with it. I understand that things like this can take time to take root, but lets help it along by using it more. If we can get this off the ground and start discussing all our lodge outings, open meetings, and other important dates and events, and we have plenty of traffic on the board, then I think we will have plenty traffic in the lodge. We have already put so much effort into all of our other endeavors to restore LL160, we should do the same with this one.
Ben Bennett
Ben Bennett
Officer

Back to top Go down

This message board...... Empty Re: This message board......

Post  Ben King Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 8:11

I sent your message out to the eMail list of our members Bro Bennett.

You are right, it is being underutilized. I check daily, multiple times even, awaiting a post about anything.

It will take some time, but this will become a very active board once it catches on. Perhaps at our next meeting, we can ask Terry, if he doesn't mind, to bring his projector and we can hook a pc to it and give instructions on registering and using the board.

Matter of fact, lets try to set that up. Flint said that the front corner [smoking area] he can hit the Hammond Free Wifi there. So if we get the projector or a big TV hooked to it, then we can give a class our new fangled electronic tressel board.

I know most of us use the computer nowdays, so it shouldn't be that hard to learn. Its so easy even a caveman can set up a message board Laughing
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

This message board...... Empty Guest ?

Post  Twoball Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 13:57

I'm sorry Bro. Ben ....I just found out about this today ...
How are you feeling .. someone said you were sick with the flu.......

Why did it list my post as a guest ......miss a couple meetings and i'm bumped down to guest .....geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh ..
Twoball
Twoball

Back to top Go down

This message board...... Empty Computer

Post  Flint Hollars Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 18:12

Hey Ben I have my new lil laptop with the wireless and I can see if Terry may be able to hook that up to a projector and we can do the demo in the Lodge!
Flint Hollars
Flint Hollars
Officer

Back to top Go down

This message board...... Empty Welcome to W Bro Harper

Post  Ben King Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 21:23

OK, I fixed your 'guest' post Bro Harper. I'm not sure what caused that, but I'm glad to see you made it into the board anway.

Flint, that would be nice if we could do the 'training session' inside the lodge room.

Would that count as a workshop? Laughing
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

This message board...... Empty Thanks for the repair

Post  Twoball Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 22:53

I think I know what happened ... It was my first post and I posted without logging in ....after I went back and logged in with my user name and password the first time it looks like it is remembering me now .. Thanks Again Worshipful ........
Twoball
Twoball

Back to top Go down

This message board...... Empty Projector?

Post  Flint Hollars Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 13:14

Does any one have or know of some one who has a projector that will hook up too a laptop? I have the laptop and a projector screen we can use for the demo if we can come across a projector!
Flint Hollars
Flint Hollars
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben King Thu 3 Sep 2009 - 16:43

I think Terry has a projector. Or if not we will have to see about other arrangements for one.
Ben King
Ben King
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down